Friday, July 23, 2010

Hunter and the Homeless Man

So anyone who knows me, knows my 9 yo son, Hunter, is my little trouble maker. He loves to stir up crap, pick on his brothers and sister, and just be very much a boy. He drives me insane at times and has since conception (no lie lol). He has a heart of gold though and today he did something that really touched me. We were in Sams club shopping and picked up some pizza and hot dogs from their little food stand. The lady gives me an extra hot dog by mistake and told me to just keep it and feed my babies. Eerr, my 8 monthd old has no teeth and I rarely let my 2 yo have hot dogs, but I thanked her and we left with hot dog in tote. As we are driving around we spot a homesless man on the side of the road with a sign, yanno the one we normally just brush off and think get a job. Hunter looks at me with his big ole brown eyes and says something about helping him out. I couldn't say no because I want him to learn we should help others in need if we can, even if they are strangers. So I pull over and give Hunter a few bucks and he jumps out with the money and hot dog and gave it to the guy. My heart beamed, I was so proud of him. He was smiling from ear to ear after he got in the car and I made sure I kept telling him how proud I was. What a wonderful deed he had done without even second guessing.

Of course now as I type, he is on a rampage of destruction in the house *sigh*. That's my Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment